We use the images of your room to build a realistic 3D model of your unique space. The more information we have, the more accurately we can design your home. There are two ways to submit photos to your Modsy project.
Submitting Images via the Modsy iOS app Room Scan feature:
Uploading images of your space is a cinch with the Modsy iOS app Room Scan feature.
1. Open the Modsy iOS on your phone.
2. Open all of your drapes or shades and turn on the lights so your room is as bright as possible and we can see the windows. Close any doors you can
3. Begin scanning your room by starting in an easily accessible corner of your space. Walking in a loop around the outer edge of your space keep your camera facing the middle of the room. Keep the phone level by looking at the screen and ensuring the dot stays as close to the yellow line as possible. Don't worry about furniture, try to stay as close to the walls as possible.
4. Finish the scan by completing the loop around your space in the corner where you started filming. The app will let you know that you’ve successfully completed your room scan!
For additional guidance refer to this handy video!
How to submit photos from a computer:
When submitting your project from a computer we ask for a minimum of 8 photos. Follow the steps below to capture all the details we need!
1. Open your blinds, we love natural light!
2. Submit a minimum of 8 clear photos that capture the essential features of your entire space (ceilings, walls, fixtures, floors, corners, lights, etc.). We cannot use wide-angle photos (like fish-eye) to model your space. For further info on the kinds of photos we're looking for check out the "Additional Details" below.
3. As a rule of thumb, make sure to get a picture of each corner and each wall.
4. Include vertical photos of where the ceiling meets the wall around the entire space. This helps our style team by providing a sense of height as well as context on how the space is structured so we can build an accurate model/design.
5. After your 8 photos, it can be helpful (but not mandatory!) to submit an additional ‘Panorama’ photo to show the room in greater detail and help us see how the space fits together.
Need more help? Try watching this video!
1. Submit at least eight (8) clear, non-distorted photos (such as wide angles or filters that stretch the images). Encapsulating a 360-degree view that expresses the essential features of your entire space. (ceilings, walls, fixtures, floors, corners, lights, etc.). Be sure not to include wide angles, fish-eye photos, or panoramas, as we cannot use them to build your space.
2. Your photos should Include where the ceiling meets the wall and the floor around the entire space. We need to clearly see each wall and connecting the corner within the entire space. We must be able to see the baseboard and full wall in each photo. This helps our style team by providing a sense of height as well as context on how space is structured so we can build an accurate model/design.
3. Since we render your space in 3D, it helps to have shots that feature all the angles of your room. The best way to achieve this is by standing on the numbers indicated in the image below in your own space. Start by taking your photos in the direction of the arrows. This will allow us to tie the room together, build it accurately, so you get the most out of your design!
4. For small spaces and spaces with high ceilings:
a. You can try placing your back against the wall and corners and take photos with the camera zoomed out.
b. Step outside of the room to take a few photos. From the entryway, take pictures showing the opposite wall. From this vantage point, try to capture the walls the right and left as well.